April 28, 2006

An Unjust World, Exhibit C: MC Lyte



MC Lyte, Lyte as a Rock (1988)
MC Lyte, Eyes on This (1989)
She stepped onto the scene with a bang. 1988. Enter 2006. Where is the Lyte? She paved the way for Rah Digga, Missy, and Queen. Notice, I didn't mention Kim, Jackie-O, Foxy Brown, Khia, etc. They paved the way for themselves.

She released a Premo treat, Wonder Years, recently. One can only hope she is currently creatin some fire in the studio. The following albums represented her best work. 10% Dis is pure B-girl bliss:

You are what I label as a, nerver plucker
You're pluckin my nerves, you MC sucka
I thought I oughta tell you, better yet warn
That I am like a stop, and my word is Bond
like James, killin everybody in sight
The code's three-six, the name is Lyte
After this jam, I really don't give a damn
Cause I'ma run and tell your whole damn clanthat you're a

Beat biter! Dope style taker!Tell you to your face you ain't nuttin but a faker!

http://rapidshare.de/files/19174900/mclyte_lyte_as_a_rock.rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/19175285/mclytr_eyes_on_this.rar.html

4 Comments:

Blogger BiffReagle said...

best female mc in my mind! nice post

9:47 AM  
Blogger M.Dot. said...

Dude.

Lyte is the truth.

MC LYTE AWARENESS DAY APRIL 28th 2006.

Its official.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mc lyte got bars mayne. she one'a the top female mc's off top. nice site here, glad i found it.

2:40 AM  
Blogger jeffmerch said...

I am looking for the 'bounce bounce bounce' version of lyte as a rock. Was this it by any chance? I can't find that anywhere.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home