November 10, 2006

The Chickens Haven't Hatched.

I'm not gonna sit here and lie to you, my readers. I'm not gonna sit on my high horse and tell you that it didn't feel good to watch the color of Congress change. No, I'm not talkin' about the Black Muslim congressman in Minnesota, of all places. Yes, I gloated. Yes, I enjoyed Bush's new found bipartisanism: "It is our responsibility to put the elections behind us and work together on the great issues facing America."
Oh yeah, and that picture of the Santorum clan was the icing on the cake. Gloating feels good. Not only did he make his little girl cry, he made her wear the same outfit that her doll is wearing. Ain't this the same dude that can't stand burqa's?
Ok. Let's gloat ONE MORE time. Poor girl is hurtin'.
Before we get too excited, let's count our eggs. We have the House by 33 and the Senate by 2. They still have the executive and the judicial branch. By my count, that's barely a tie. They've already invited the enemy over for lunch. What did YOU do today?
Rumsfeld left, but before we knew it, another Bush crony came in the back door. When told that Rumsfeld had left, the above soldier replied, "Who's Rumsfeld?" Damn. What more can I say?
The words "progress" and "new direction" have been thrown around a lot lately. I'm not seeing it. George Washinton's cabinet doesn't look that much different from Bush's. Damn, they even crammed Alphonso Jackson behind Condi.
Bush knows the game. He'll sing us a song or two. He'll change a chord. The melody will will seem more upbeat. But the SONG will remain the same. Are YOU willing to listen? Voting was the easy part. Are you willing to write your own song? Or are we just gonna sit back and play second fiddle?
Even after the Mark Foleys and Ted Haggards, only 2 out of every 5 of us bothered showin' up. Forget about the real issues, education, health care, the war, Katrina, urban disenfranchisement...
They're not going anywhere without a fight. Even when they lose, they'll still try to get the best of you. Here's what THEY think of YOU.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VIK, you were right money, IE has your site poppin' lovely.

9:18 PM  
Blogger vik said...

the question is, how the hell do i get it lookin good for EVERYONE?

where my geek squad at?

10:51 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Thanks to Dan Savage I already laugh when I hear "Santorum" but I also laughed at his family crying.

11:31 AM  
Blogger vik said...

true. savage showed us the power of the internet. if you google "santorum" the first link is to the dan-savage-coined term.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home