February 18, 2007

Ghost Town - The UNDENIABLE Truth


GHOST TOWN - The Specials

Mardi Gras seems a bit empty this year. Ghost town is more than just a metaphor.

VERY EMPTY.

Homes remain boarded up. The folks that remained in New Orleans, are beginning to leave. The teachers that came, are leaving classrooms with no teachers. The murder rate is the only number on the way up, with 24 bodies in the morgue since January 1st.

All that and the only person that NOLA could find that was willing to grand marshall the Krewe of Endymion parade was Taylor Hicks. Ouch.

Have we truly forgotten New Orleans? Have we created the modern-day Atlantis?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and with all the blogs on the net all I could find in my email to read was yours? Ouch!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a shame whats going on in New Orleans.

damn white people

1:06 PM  
Blogger vik said...

the haters are comin out in full force.

they all have one thing in common: too coward to reveal themselves^^^^

it's nothin.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that breaks my heart. I remember going to New Orleans when I was was young and I fell in love with the city. I have some friends that went to Mardi Gras and I am afraid to ask....Oh yeah ^^^ that hate lets you know you are doing something right cause if everybody loves you- ya doin something wrong. Truth hurts.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep updating us on New Orleans, good news or bad. At least I can get an honest viewpoint here. New Orleans is one of the only cities I've visited that felt like home from the first minute. I miss it terribly.

10:16 PM  
Blogger vik said...

anon - yeah, every time i read of nola it truly is america's SHAME.

juliette - i'll stay on the grind. the truth is OUT there. they just make you LOOK for it

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents are in NOLA right now and they say it's "really nice" and they even got a chance to get outside of the French Quarter... TO VISIT A PLANTATION which has apparently also been rehabbed since Katrina. No news on the 9th ward.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home