March 06, 2007

Hillary Asks Us ALL: "Am I Black Enough For YOU?"


Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway - Be Real Black For Me
InI - Fakin' Jax
MC Lyte - 10% Dis
James Brown - I Got a Bag of My Own

With Black people's votes becoming a hot commodity, the presidential hopefuls decided to tackle the issues facing the Black community. They discussed the prison industrial complex, the improvement of the public school system, the encouragement of property ownership, and the benefit of reading.

Ummmmm. Not so much.

Rather, the presidential hopefuls decided to stage two competing celebrate-Selma-by-voting-for-ME speeches. The personal highlight was Hillary's interpretation and interpolation of James Cleveland's freedom hymn:
"I don't feel no ways tired/I come too far from where I started from/Nobody told me that the road would be easy/I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me."

Yeah. Now imagine Hillary saying that with an accent. Yes, that's what it sounded like. Not for nothin', Obama had to ebonify his vernacular a bit too.

If degrees of Blackness are an issue up for discussion and debate, HILLARY wants her piece of that pie as well. She loves God. She's got Sharpton on her side. She's even got Timbaland ridin' with her. She's married to the "first black president of the United States." Biochemical Slang wants to know: Is Hillary blacker than Obama?

2 Comments:

Blogger vik said...

i already got an email about this post, so before you start hating, i hope everyone can take a bit of sarcasm.

sarcasm. that is all.

what's more wild to me than this post is that blackness discussions are being seriously discussed in newspapers, the internets, and the television.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Damn are they threatening to boycott dude?
I say we walk them both into some rural town where no one knows them and we'll find out how black they both are.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home