May 27, 2006

My Toolchest of Rhetorical Devices, An Introduction to the New World Order.



First day on the job. Play it safe. Wear something conservative. Red tie, you know, something classic. Just state the facts. The job is simple, the president makes the decisions, and he "explains those decisions to the press corps and the American people."

"Having said that, I don't want to hug the tar baby of trying to comment on the program -- the alleged program -- the existence of which I can neither confirm nor deny."

Umm what? "And would you put into English the phrase, 'hug the tar baby'?"

"Well, when we hug the tar baby -- we could trace that back to American lore."

Who's American lore is that? When you look here, tar baby seemed like the phrase to use. But, if you look here, Tony Snow should have consulted his thesaurus a little more thoroughly. Instead of apologizing, Tony gives up one of his weapons, "I'll probably take that out of my toolchest of rhetorical devices, rather than having to explain a hundred and fifty years of American culture...apparently some people are unfamiliar with the pathways of American culture, and don't realize the old Uncle Remus story where somebody hugs a tar baby."

You a slave to a page in my toolchest of rhetorical devices. Mr. Snow proved that he doesn't give a shit. Certified gangsta. He's speaking for his America. His boss' America. One hundred and fifty years of his history. One hundred and fifty years of his boss' history. That phrase may offend Americans. Not my Americans. Not my America. You know, the good ol' days.

Tar baby, please. I betcha Jed Clampett want his money back.

"The traces of the world order.
Time is getting shorter if we don't get prepared
People, it's gon' be a slaughter."

Goodie Mob: Soul Food (1995) - http://rapidshare.de/files/21492425/sf_gm_clampett.rar.html

5 Comments:

Blogger i said...

soul food! absolutely awesome song. nice homage to desmond too...

dig the blog. i'll be back.

11:13 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I love that video and that song. There are so many inside jokes that me and my friends shared based on Cujo's verse alone. "Op-o-rayshun Hot-break ho-Tell!!"..lol Peace.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the SnowMan will be comedic relief for an Administration that lives with one foot in its mouth and the other in our azzes. no brokeback, of course

4:41 PM  
Blogger vik said...

what's goin on dallas,
now i have somethin to steal from you.

peace

10:34 PM  
Blogger M.Dot. said...

talk about speaking to my soul.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home