January 10, 2007

When it Rains, It Snows


Big L -
Ebonics
UPDATE: video of the awkward moment, jacked from the Rap Up

Peep this awkward moment from today's White House press briefing:

MR. SNOW: As I said, Sheryl, it's one of these things that the President has made it clear that he's going to have exchanges of views, but I'm not taking you in the room with them.

(Cell phone rings.) (Laughter.) Does Martha have a hip-hop ring tone? (Laughter.) Play that funky music, white girl. (Laughter.)

Q: A nice musical interlude from Martha, but, seriously --can we talk about this issue of consultation?

Did you know that black people are different from white people? Did you know that black people love hip-hop? That's what makes that moment so damn funny. White people shouldn't have hip-hop ring tones! The irony is killin' me.

Tony wasn't finished. He capped off his hip-hop comment, by reaffirming the difference between white and black people. He told Martha to play that "funky" music white girl. Oh, those black people and their ways of saying things!

History has a way of repeating itself. Until we do something about it, the administration and its comic-relief-crew-of-cronies will keep one foot in their mouths and one foot up our collective asses.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you really believe that white people can't love hip-hop? I have to disagree with you. I'm not talking the commercial pop fans, but white individuals like myself who truly love hip hop for what it is and try to help support it any way that I can.

10:52 AM  
Blogger vik said...

dude.

just some sarcasm. our country finds too much solace in the whitey is different from darkey formula.

even mr snow. even at the white house.

it runs deep.
PEACE

12:44 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

The worst part about that is on the other side if I rock some Red Hot Chili Peppers someone will ask me why I'm listening to "white people music". All I can say is: Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand what you mean. I didn't take anything personal. Just wanted to provoke some more thought.

11:04 AM  
Blogger vik said...

glad you didn't take it personal. if you haven't done so, peep the video of snow's awkward moment.

his laughter is so contrived its scary. where do they find these people?

the fact that ridin dirty is the ring tone IS pretty damn funny, though

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home