January 31, 2007

We Can TIP the Fair-and-Balanced Scales


Trae -
The Rain
Fishbone -
Subliminal Fascism
Kokane -
I Need Representation

A murderer was
sentenced to death today. Not anything new. This is the CITY. The school of hard knocks. People die DAILY. Yeah, but this dude's different. He killed COPS. Two of 'em. We screamed for his blood: "Fry!"

Did this guy deserve what he got? That's not for me to decide. However, I'm definitely not gonna celebrate when we decide to take an eye for an eye. I'm not gonna put exclamation points behind a headline of death.

I'm not gonna celebrate the future murder of a murderer, while so many questions surrounding Sean Bell's murder remain UNANSWERED and UNASKED. Where are those headlines? Where are those exclamation points and bold fonts? Where are those headlines askin' for the killer cops to "fry," or at least to ask them WHY?

Those headlines are right here. I am not saying this piece of shiite blog is the answer. But that's what this blog ish is for. Spreadin' the word. Creating news when the establishment decides it's not news. Eff that "all the news that's fit to print." News is what WE decide to print. News is what WE decide to RESPOND to.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah my dude.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I always love how they want someone to "show remorse" and "be contrite". That's how all these folks in positions of power get off when they're caught doing something. I guess dude isn't rich enough to go to rehab though, ne`?

11:58 AM  
Blogger vik said...

yeah, rehab = rich dudes answer to jail time.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home