NOLA: The EVERYDAY Struggle
What's Goin' On? - The Dirty Dozen Brass Band (feat Chuck D)
What's Goin' On? - Donny Hathaway
The truth is out there. You just have to look for it. Opening a newspaper or turning on the news, it's easy to forget that New Orleans is still in the "rebuilding" phase. Eff that. They haven't even crossed the bureacratic red-tape line.
All the while, the folks of New Orleans are just trying to get by. Grocery stores. Hospitals. Schools with teachers. Streets without guns. They're just trying to get by.
The truth is out there. We'll just help you look. Biochemical Slang presents: News you can USE (NOLA EDITION):
- You don’t have to go to Baghdad to see what happens when government loses its monopoly on force; just visit New Orleans. The title "BAGHDAD ON THE BAYOU" says it all.
- The PROJECTS: The slums or the best buildings in flooded New Orleans? I've never been a betting man, but...we all know what's gonna happen to the projects.
- Cam'Ron sure didn't help NOLA with his latest publicity stunt: Scared Silent: Fear of deadly retaliation mutes many NO witnesses.
- Teachers may soon be the next to flee NOLA.
- Not only did FEMA eff up its handling of Katrina, they couldn't even correctly count the number of meals they were forced to throw away after not even delivering them to the Katrina refugees.
- Foreign allies offered more than 854 million dollars in aid and oil to help those in need after Hurricane Katrina hit our shores. So far, only 40 million has been used and only 400 million has been collected. YOU do the math.
Good night and good luck.